Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

painted fireplace…

sharing this at primitive and proper’s piece of work wednesday #50:)
I’m always looking for bargains and when our menards cleared out this oak mantel for only $10.00, I grabbed it!
we just installed a gas fireplace last xmas.  I’m re-doing my great room and painted the mantel white to fit into my new look.   I found the fireplace screen at a craft fair, but, it was painted navy, so, I sanded it down, and painted it white, too.  my husband (an electrician), hung the tv. 
before
IMG_3421_thumb[1]
after
IMG_4874
8-17-11-camera card 645
thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. that is an awesome deal!
    and it looks like it belongs with the house!
    lookin good!

    thanks
    the miller's
    prezidential life

    p.s.... newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so pretty and fresh now! i love that it opens up the room more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10.00??? Great deal, and it looks beautiful. Good job.

    ReplyDelete