Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

pottery barn inspired cubby shelf…

edited to add final pic:  this is linked to faded charms white wednesday #115!

I found detailed info on how to make this shelf here.  if you’ve never been to this site, its full of diy wood projects.  it was very inexpensive to make—it just takes 4 – 1×6 Boards, 8′ pine boards to make the basic box portion and it took about 2 hrs to finish...and another 2 hrs. to paint:)

IMG_5323

I added an pediment from an old dresser, to the top.

cubbies4

I had some leftover bead boards in my garage from our kitchen remodel, and used them for the backing

cubbies2

here it is, before painting.

shabby-shelf5

 

and here it is after it was painted.

IMG_5485

and finished.

IMG_5960

I really like the way this came out, and its hanging on my dining room wall.

thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! I am heading over to that site now. Oh, I could put so many treasures in those cubbies!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that came out stunning!
    Visting from WW today.
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is amazing!! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. I'm your newest follower -- come on by and, if you like, follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely-- what a beautiful makeover
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cubbies turned out fabulously. They would have cost a fortune to purchase. I was amazed by the short amounnt of time involved. You will love their versatility. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooovvveeee this Lynn. Now I want one...LOL
    This would sell out quickly in a boutique. Gorgeous project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful project! Yours turned out so well. Thanks for the tutorial!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful little cubby shelf. So many uses. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete