Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

shabby frame…

I’m sharing this with common ground’s vintage inspiration friday 63! 
I found this frame at my local junk store.  i just added a sloppy coat of white wash paint, being sure to miss spots here and there.  didn’t need sanding or messy staining—so easy, and its looks way better.

IMG_5428 (2)

here it is dressed up for xmas.

IMG_7146

the old wooden star was re-painted in a martha stewart’s “enamelware”, and inked with desert sand ink.  I stamped and inked the tag, too.  I made the fabric rose and added some burlap string to finish it.

IMG_7148
have a great weekend, everyone:)

9 comments:

  1. I love white shabby chic furniture and frames however right now today & tomorrow LOL I want all the rich gold frames I can find . Just like the one you painted LOL

    thanks for coming over to my blog

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a coat of shabby white paint on something ornate like your great frame!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me so happy. Gorgeous, Lynn, just really really beautiful!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Visiting from Common Ground. I have a picture sitting in my dining room right now waiting for the frame to be painted. After seeing yours, I KNOW it will be much improved with white paint. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? Seriously Lynn, you can take the most ridiculous thing and make it look AMAZING!!! I bet creativity ooozes out of your little fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I would never have bought the frame, wouldn't have seen this beauty in it. Just super in combination with this lovely bleu star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sloppy treatment. lol Honestly, sometimes that's all you need to make a huge difference. It looks great Lynn, and I like the rest of your vignette too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, or I'd never have found your blog. It's a treasure!

    ReplyDelete