Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I heart old windows…

back in the late 90’s, I bought my first old oak windows at a salvage store for just $40.   they hung inside larger windows.
DSCF0005-(2)

this is the same window, my husband built it into a wall cabinet for my guest bedroom

.IMG_9053
we put an old window in our shed door. .

vic-shed-2vic-shed1

and another on the side

vic-shed-window (1)

my husband built a closet in a bedroom and added an old leaded window at the top.  it made a great night light.

IMG_1802

last year I added a vinyl chandy to this chippy pink window and put it in the garden.

lmiller4-14-11-chandy13

6781551863_3d7a43870b_b

 I can’t decide if I want to make this one into a large chalkboard or save it for a garden shed that my husband will build this spring.  either way, I’m going to love it.

IMG_9061
have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I heart old windows, too! You have quite a collection and your husband does beautiful work incorporating them into your home. Love your newest find and can hardly wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with your shed and adore the windows with thingies in it!!!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I just LOVE what you do with "old" stuff Lynn. I wish I had the gift to see something like the window you just bought and the possibilities of what it could be, but alas, I don't. I can't wait to see what YOU envision it to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the collection of windows! (= LOVE what you've done with them!!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you (and your hubby) do with your collection of old windows, Lynn! I especially love that old leaded window above the closet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such great style Lynn! I love, love, the window above the closet. It looks so amazing there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love windows, too! Mine aren't as interesting as yours, though! Lookin' good, Lynn!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old windows too and you've found some FAB ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am crazy over that window over the closet...what a brillant idea! I have an old cupboard door with stain glass that I move everywhere I go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow....love, love, love these gorgeous windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your windows! That little shed is so cute and I love the transom over the closet door!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The one that I love best is the 1st photo. I, too, am in love with vintage stuff. It’s beautiful, and it also looks inviting, especially since it lets light enter the room. If I were the owner of that window, I will put a couch right below it, so I can just sit down there and watch what's happening outside through my beautiful window.

    ReplyDelete