Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

white licorice…

   this is a corner in my screened porch here I hung this chair shelf.  the plant—a white licorice plant sits in a painted peat pot.  it’s a favorite filler for my window boxes and planters.

chair-shelf

I added the stamped clay tag to the front of the seat. here’s a tutorial to make you own clay tags.

chair-shelf-2

  you can see the frosty white coloring of the plant, in the pic below.  it was the first year I had used it and I didn’t know a little goes a long way with this fast grower.  it nearly choked out my geraniums!

P9190071

thanks for looking!

shabby-story-rose

and I’ve had some emails about some of my blog elements, so here are the links:

***if you are interested in adding a email button to your sidebar,-- here’s the tutorial I used to do it and here is where I got my scrabble alphabet that I used for my button.

***here’s a tutorial to add your recent posts/thumbnails across the top of your blog.

***the triple frame on my header is free, just for “liking” florabella’s facebook page here.

***I just upgraded to adobe photoshop elements 10 and I’m going through all the new features.  I really like it—they added a lot of new options for your picture editing.

have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

23 comments:

  1. I really like the chair shelf! Cute, cute, idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just enjoy your cheery cottage blog so much. Your chair shelf is adorable! Darling features too. No wonder you get asked about them. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat plant! I've never heard of it but would love it for my window boxes! Yours is darling as is your white chair!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair and the plant is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute plant holder Lynn! Thanks for the links....have a great weekend!
    ~Terry~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous plant! It looks beautiful on that gorgeous chair shelf! =D Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn: The little chair shelf is really lovely. Love the stars. That is the best plant for filling in planters and containers..Happy Friday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of a licorice plant. It is where one gets the flavor, too? I totally have no idea - but I love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- How neat is that! LOVE it -it is a great idea! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea of a hanging chair planter.Looks so pretty.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may have seen this plant before, but I never knew what it was called. It looks cute in its infant stage, but will be a showstopper on that chair when it grows up!

    I may have to come back again to check out that email feature. I love your flowered scrabble letters. Very "you".

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I know what you mean about that licorice plant! They are are so sweet and fuzzy and innocent looking when you buy them.....but give them a few weeks and they become huge! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an amazing idea! love that you turned a chair into a shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first that I've seen a chair shelf, how fun! I really love the stars in the back of the chair, did your sweet husband cut them out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely arrangements! Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that chair shelf. I might need to copy that! I have never seen that white licorice before! I am going to Farmington gardens tomorrow and I am going to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweetheart, your home is looking absolutely stunning !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously that is a wonderful idea so adorable. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynn, thanks for the valuable info with links, etc.! And that licorice plant looks like it has snow all over it, in the bottom pic. It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That window box is fantastic! So beautiful.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute idea -- love the addition of the number tag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the chair with the little number - pinning that!

    And I adore licorice plant - I use it every year and it trails beautifully
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous.....Ive got loads of odd chairs......could do a mural with them

    ReplyDelete