Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

christmas past…

years ago, I made mohair bears,-most were sold.  and at christmas time, they gathered under the tree.   so, when I came across some old pictures,  I thought I’d show a few today.
sadie, (yes, they all had names), was the first mohair bear I made. she had a christening gown on with a sweater and lace collar.
170web
here’s a pic of one of the trees—I think 1992. funny, I loved pink then, too:)
159web
olive had a mini quilt that I made for her.
169web
brody, was in my son’s room.
165web
mohair was and is expensive, so, my very first bear, hadley, was sewn from plain old sherpa fleece from jo-anns.  I made her a dress and a baby doll to hold.
164web
it’s hard to believe, but, these 4 bears are all from the same pattern.  you get different looks with the fur color and length, the size of eyes and noses, and how you shape the faces.
I have a few in my attic, collecting dust.  hmm, maybe its time to bring them down…
sharing with debra at commonground
thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. You should definitely rescue the others from the loft Lynn as these bears are beautiful, and so skillfully made.
    I can see why you gave them each names as they are all so individual.
    Have a lovely weekend - Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, your bears are so sweet! I am glad you kept a few for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You turned the comments back on? Yeah! I missed you girl. These bears are absolutely darling. My favorite it the one at the top, but all are adorable. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bears, and the tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bears are so adorable!! You have such a great talent! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bears are something, they are gorgeous!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bears are so sweet Lynn, and, yes, get them down from the attic so you can enjoy them!!! I made two for my oldest son when he was about a year old....and he still has them :o)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so many talents! These bears are beautiful! I love seeing your Christmas posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bears, they have so much personality, it is hard to believe they are hand made, so professional looking! Love the pink tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those sweet bears are begging to come out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so adorable! I'd love to see the others! I made a couple of fleece bunnies ages ago for my daughter too, but not so fine as your bears. I may love them dressed even more than dolls. So cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynn, thanks for popping by my blog and for your lovely comments.
    WOW, thats a lot of teddy bears but hey...you can never have too many. Beautiful!

    Siobhan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bears are darling! They remind me of the bears I used to get for my daughter ... Muffy VanderBear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all have such definite personalities. You did a beautiful job on them.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, you made your own teddy bears too! They are adorable. You are amazing
    Liz

    ReplyDelete


  16. love your filled Christmas tree and the lovely teddy bears.i too have kept few of my sons teddy bears.they brig back sweet memories.thank you for sharing with all of us....:):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These teddy bears are adorable!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mohair bears are darling! I think teddy bears make perfect holiday decor. I like how they've all been named!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete